GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
To foster, promote and implement cooperative relationships between and for
the mutual benefit of the member states and their private sector communities
in support of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the objectives
of this Accord.
- Work toward the successful implementation of the North American Free
Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and this Accord.
- Develop and implement a formal mechanism for member states to coordinate
joint or bilateral economic development activities, communication, transportation
and infrastructure development, tourism, joint ventures, business partnerships,
health and environmental collaborations, agriculture, education and cultural
- Promote existing trade and production processes for member states to
determine potencial private sector business opportunities.
- Provide appropriate support for the public and private sectors of the
member states by sharing information on regulations, laws, trade data and
- Develop and implement other strategies for the mutual development of
the member states as deemed necessary.
Signed in the City of Campeche, Cam., on May 13 1995, in eleven originals in
English and Spanish languages, all texts being equally authentic.
Reader™ is free, and freely distributable, software that lets you view
Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files on all major computer
platforms, as well as fill in and submit PDF forms online.
The Gulf of Mexico States Accord
Gary L. Springer - Secretary General
735 Arlington Ave. N. Suite 113
St. Petersburg, FL 33701